Update: Nominations are now closed.
Here are the rules:
1. Vote for as many books as you see fit (no repeat voting, however).
2. Write in your own nominations under “Other,” but please check to make sure the book hasn’t already been included (duplicates will be deleted). I’ll have to go through and approve each nomination, which may take less than 24 hours.
3. Write books in the format “Title by Author.”
4. Books had to have been released in 2014.
5. “Critical theory” is meant to be loosely defined: any books about continental philosophy, social justice, etc. are welcome.
I have started with a paltry list of the books I happened to have read. Help us expand it, and argue amongst yourselves in the comments (or just tell us who you nominated, and why). Feel free to refresh your memory with our “Critical Theory Books That Came Out in 2014” post.